Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Bachelor 17- Sean Showers, Des Cries

Wow, just a few awkward moments this week. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the hometown dates.  All the girls are just a little too excited and gushy over the dude and then there is the whole "can I have your blessing" moment. Eh. This is where it all starts to feel a little phony to me.

Exhibit A, Desiree. Really... the fake returning ex prank? Eh. Just felt AWKWARD. I really hated the camera zooming in on Sean's clenched fist and his freakishly red face. I mean I think calling her friend an "actor" was a bit generous.  Then there was the brother shake down. On Tuesday's Sean Tells All episode we saw the 180 Des' brother made. So would that be explained by crack, cigaweed, booze??? I felt distracted by his mouthy teeth and overly aggressive tats. However, I got a few laughs with use gratuitous use of the word "playboy". Overall, felt like daddy should handle the shakedowns and not brother. Weird dynamics. And P.S. Really irritated they never ate their steak dinner.

Another incredibly awkward moment was on AshLee's hometown date. I nearly changed the channel as she is telling her parents about their "romantic" date and "rolling around on the beach". Ewwww. Dude they are gonna watch the eipsode eventually, no need to discuss. I also felt like she was confessing to them. Like she needed to rat herself out and that he was so worth it. Ick. On the other hand, her dad just melted my heart when he talked about meeting her for the first time. Seriously sweet. Good people. I think AshLee is far more in love with him than he is with her. I also see that he is looking to really find someone who is fun and I don't think that's little Miss Personal Organizer. Side note, if she says "This man" one more time I'm gonna die. Going to turn that into a drinking game next week.

Catherine seems like a peach to me. Very natural, not much need to be anything other than herself. Gorgeous sisters. Not sure what was so damaging about what they said though. She's messy? Hmm, maybe AshLee could come over and get her organized. Not ready to have babies? I mean who is until they are in the right situation? Deal breaker, I think not. Sean overly analyzed here. Not sure I see it with them in the end. Catherine doesn't head over heals. When her sisters broke her down, she'd said she'd "give it a shot" if he proposed. Another eh moment for me.

Lindsey- she's cute and fun. Not sure I can see her ready to be engaged. Sweet family. I was a bit bored with her date. Wish she'd unglue herself at times. A bit handsy for me.

As for Sean's Tell All, I didn't think he told much. When Chris asked him about what goes on in those fantasy suites, I liked his response. I mean I could care less if he sleeps with them or not. Shut your bedroom door people. Glad he drew a line. As for the shower scene, all I could think was I wonder who is the camera man? So awkward with the camera slowly panning up and down.

I'm confused on how many episodes are left. I figure there is the fantasy suite dates, then women tell all and then finale???

2 comments:

  1. A few things:

    (1) I want to try and be at your house when the finale airs!

    (2) Let's hope the camera man that was filming the shower scene was actually a camera woman.

    (3) I read a stupid spoiler by accident and I know who "wins". Damn it! I will keep my mouth shut though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol cigaweed! and i agree, those steaks looked so good...what a waste!

    ReplyDelete