Monday, April 30, 2012

Project 52: SEVENTEEN

A lot of you know my sweet little cousin, Lizzie. Well, she's still sweet but she's not so little anymore. She's already thirteen! She's charming and silly and the most tenderhearted girl. I love how she plays with her very own style and is always wanting to express herself. She tries hard at everything she does and sees the world with open arms. I miss that feeling myself. It's funny how you can look up to someone who is younger than yourself (and oddly at an age that was really sheer torture for me). Thirteen was all about doubting myself and wanting to be invisible. Lizzie seems to just bask in the sunshine of her youth. One of those kids who knows that she's young and takes advantage. Thinks about all the things she can be. Determined to be good at what she does. Knows what she likes and doesn't like. I love that about her. Shit, it'll drive ya nuts at times but isn't that what we want for our girls- a sense of self. She's young yet. Not quite sure who she will be in the end but something about her just screams life long learner. I think she might not ever be "finished". I love that. This is Lizzard on Easter- yup on an Egg hunt. Girl is no fool... she knows to not ever give up on chocolate!


3 comments:

  1. Great pic! She's really blossomed into such a beautiful young lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to Lizzie!!!! She has grown up so much in the past year...so gorgeous. Your words describe her so well Amy...beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can't believe she is all grown up, I still remember her as a little three year old in her longhorn cheerleader outfit on the sidelines of our lacrosse games! And I agree- totally is what we hope for for our girls-a sense of self.

    ReplyDelete