Sunday, July 1, 2012

Project 52: TWENTY SIX

The world got a little sweeter this week with the addition of Katherine "Kate" Joan McDonnell. She is my fourth God child born to our very good friends, Mark and Sang. She's just the most precious little peach you've ever seen. She is feminine and delicate (deliKate) in every way possible. Even her birth was absolutely precise and effortless in appearance. It reminded me of a ballet dancer- the performance of her arrival was so absurdly calm and graceful, it's remarkable to think just how much duress both mother and baby were under. And yes! I was there to see it all. I've actually seen the birth of 3 out of 4 of my God children and I cannot tell you just how incredible it is. Externally, I'm a pretty cool cat. ICU nursing teaches you a thing or two, but internally I'm a FREAK. Each time I think I will handle that moment of arrival a little better, but honestly, it's beyond overwhelming. I am just astonished this little tiny baby can make it's way out into the world and manage to grab that first breath of air. Anyhow, lay your eyes on this sweet treat. Meet Kate. She's a gem ;)


3 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful! So so precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you were able to be there for Kate's birth! It means so much to me that you were there! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh So Sweet! Welcome to the world baby Kate!

    ReplyDelete