Monday, January 7, 2013

Rezolutions 2.0

Dang this year went fast. One full week into 2013 ALREADY. Last year was my first time to really put my nose in the ground and pound out some resolutions that I felt markedly serious about. And I didn't do half back. Here's a quick review:

1. Learn about this f'ing technology that is passing me up like crazy cakes. I'm certainly not working for Geek Squad any time soon, but I think I've done A-ok. Im pretty comfy with the old iMac and have figured out that it's just as easy (and much more impressive) if I literally just google my current question/crisis of the moment. Then I like to show Ryan what I figured out all on my very OWN and reassure him that I would not return to a typewriter should he ever die (GOD FORBID!).

2. Basic photography.  So I took a "getting to know my DSLR" camera class and learned that I needed to learn A LOT more. In the meantime, I've at least bought a groupon for a second course (still need to take it!!!) and have fallen hard onto relying on my favorite photographer, Sang, who thankfully is at all things Moody. And if you are considering stealing my friend, forget it. I found her first. And lastly, I finally upgraded the old iPhone and I have to say between the improved camera WITH a flash and Instagram, my little collection of photos is coming along. 

3. Start a new blog. Well if you're still with me at this point, then you know this item has remained checked off the list. And it's soon to have some big changes...

4. Monthly run to Central Market. Ok I've dropped the ball on this one. Did well through about June. Then shit, I don't know what happened. I really should put this on the list again. Love this place, need to go more. Add to it, Trader Joes. 

5. In the words of Dr. Phil, time to "get real" on the weight.  And real I got. It took me the entire year to get it. I started with heading back to the gym and recording a food journal. Journal lasted a month or so. Gym is ongoing. I've learned to love it. I've made some friends and found the classes I like. Some weeks are harder than others to go and when that happens I just ease up on myself and take a break. Then I start to miss it and head back. I've become much stronger, more flexible and about 20 pounds learner. A lot happened between 20 and where I was and truthfully it was 99% mental. Literally I needed to work some stuff out. So I faced facts and with the help of a friend or two, did the work and sorted out the head space. I try to eat healthy and REAL foods most of the time. I eat less carbs as the day goes on, but I'm not super conscious of it either. Then if I have a day or two that's more celebratory than others, I tighten up on the diet for a day or two before I head back to neutral eating. I still have a ways to go, but I see that this thing is gradual and I'm good with that. 

6. Project 52.  Well shit, somehow I managed to finish this. 52 weeks of posting. Not usually on time and not usually with my theme but hey it's done. 

So what's up 2013? 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE taking pictures for you! And will always be happy to!! (It gives me good practice!) I still have a lot to learn too before I call myself a "professional", but even when that day comes, I'll always want to take pictures of my Moody family!! :)

    And man...I need to lose some LB's. I'm just feeling gross lately. You, on the other hand, have been looking amazing! :) Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete