Monday, January 21, 2013

The Bachelor 17- Freak Show

Sean Lowe just didn't do it for me in Emily's season so I was a bit perturbed, albeit depressed, he was chosen as lucky number 17.  But something about him has just reeled me right back in. I feel like he finally got his coloring right. He's shaken off the albino look a bit and has an appropriate level of tanning at this point. I'd still like a bit darker eyebrow but considering his improved tone/build I think he's overall a go. I'd pretty much sworn off blogging on this season but shit there's just too much material.  ABC just never ceases to disappoint (with the exception of that cosmetic prince Borghese dude, Ben of wine country aka #trainwreckhair, the middle aged fisherman with the girl he is frequently calling in domestic disputes, Jesse that sucky football player, that awful British dude who chose the skanky blonde whose dad is/was on soaps,  and Aaron with the big nose). Otherwise, they are rather riveting.

So we're 3 episodes deep and a lot of crazy shit has gone down. We've had Ashley P. the pole dancer missing her pole, Sarah missing a limb, yoga teacher losing her zen, shitload of tears, head trauma and so much more. Holy crap that's eventful.

So far my favorite moments:
   * Home girl unable to do her full handspring and eating shit upon meeting Sean (what was her name???)
   * Kacie getting SHUT DOWN for complaining to Sean about girl drama. Finally, a bachelor not into stupid drama.  Also couldn't help but laugh at her last dress. WTF was that? Did she come to the rose ceremony straight from roller derby practice? She seemed seriously over confident in her status as a "veteran" bachelorette. Damn shame.
   * Tierra (or if you love missy elliot like I do then you are singing "My name is Cierra for all you fine fellas" every time I hear her name) falling down the stairs. Now I'm not that cruel. That sounded like it hurt like hell but your sort of boyfriend in hot pink calling EMS then trying to rub all up on you.... AWKWARD!
   * Arie and Seans heart to heart talk before meeting the ladies. Whaaaat? Tell me grown men do not discuss how to kiss a woman with each other. For 'ril?!?!?! Seriously not enough wine in a bottle for me to watch manufactured crap like that.
   * Beach volleyball game. Woah. Honestly that was depressing. How can they all be in such rockin' shape and seriously have zero athletic ability? Hard.to.watch. I was also really concerned about potential wardrobe malfunctions and found that to be rather distracting.
   * World record for that kiss thing. Umm should ABC be alotted that much air time for an onscreen kiss? Wow, that's 3 minutes and 16 seconds of my life I will never have back. And Ashley described that as the best date of her life. Hmm perhaps she has NEVER dated.

So far I really like Desiree, AshLee F, Sarah and Selma. I still feel like there are a lot of girls that I have no idea who they are. Looking forward to a smaller group and more awkward moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment