Saturday, August 25, 2012

Project 52: THIRTY FOUR

Thursday night I broke out of my creative comfort zone and signed up for a paint and sip art class with some ladies from my MOPS (mothers of pre-schoolers) group. It was a blast and a welcomed mommies night out. I invited along one of my old friends from high school, Kelly Clark Black. We never really ran in the same circles but became good friends through soccer where we were Co Captains (which I believe is a title that warrants capital letters being that it is super important and comes with great authority or at least I really believed that at the time- ha!). Anyways, this is what I love about old friends (wait! I mean old friendSHIPS, not friends) is that it's just really super comfortable. There's a little peace in knowing they have known you for so long and get where you are coming from. You don't have to explain you weren't coming from a place of ego because shit they knew you when you wore a tie to school every day and didn't wash hair for days at a time (or maybe you still don't). They knew the awful boyfriend you dated for too long and your freakish obsession with gangsta music (word up Kelly). You saw each other go through some really hard and sad things even if you weren't particularly close at the time and you just don't have to go back through it. It's easy. So here's to my new friends and my old friends AND to drinking while painting!



Kelly with her personal interpretation of poppy fields and my failed attempt to imitate the teacher's work. Should have gone off the beaten path. Next time...





2 comments: