Thursday, August 9, 2012

Project 52: THIRTY TWO

For any of you who know me well, you know I HATE going to the dentist. I mean a deep seated extraordinary fear of just walking into the office. I panic just making an appointment. I know I know, I'm a nurse. I should be a better patient. blah blah blah. I still hate it.  I haven't had anything really major since I was 5 years old and yet the fear is that palpable. I keep a small pharmacy on hand JUST IN CASE I have a dental situation. I even have the best dentist in the world- he's kind, conservative, gentle and has been my dentist for over 20 years. BUT I still panic. So last week I had to start taking Ella in to see him for regular cleanings and they suggested she watch me first to get the hang of things. OH MY GOODNESS. I have to be a mommy and be a patient?? SO, I put on my big girl panties (took a xanax) and calmly had my teeth cleaned like the grown ass woman that I am. That little stinker of a child that I have sure did think it was funny to have mommy strapped down to a chair with a mouth full of shit. So she went on a tickling rampage. I'm so terrified of being poked with all those archaic looking "instruments" that I didn't dare move so the hygienist paid no attention to the fact that Ella has gone ape shit on my feet. To me, this was like the equivalent of water boarding. I gave Ella the "HOLY HELL MOM IS CRIZZAZY" eyes and she finally sat back down. Then it was her turn. I was nice and didn't tickle her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment