Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just a few thoughts...

Bachelor 16: Forgot to mention this last night, BUT in my highly reliable source (US Weekly), I read that Courtney had previously dated none other than Jim Tooth (pre marriage to Reese Witherspoon). WTF right?!??! Had to share that.

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: OK so this is by far my favorite cast of the Real Housewives franchise. It is my favorite little midnight treat after everyone has gone to bed. Unfortunately we just finished the season, but I hope you will all waste a little of your life with me and watch it next season or catch up with a Bravo marathon day. I used to work at this hospital in Santa Ana, CA (just south LA) where we never had any patients (I know... that's a whole other post to write about). Anyways it was like being a lifeguard- sat around and chilled until an emergency came up. ANYHOW, I had A LOT of time to kill and frequently did so in empty patient rooms with these Bravo marathons. Really is nothing better than being paid to watch crappy reality television. That's when I got hooked on the Real Housewives Orange County. Fascinating shit. I really can't believe people live like this. So in the Beverly Hills season they feature a gazillion story lines from domestic abuse, alcoholism, suicide, sister wars and some celebrity dish (one lady is Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife and the other was married to Kelsey Grammar). Not to mention that Kyle and Kim are Paris and Nicky Hilton's aunts. DRAMA is right. So ladies if you do watch already, what are your thoughts on Brandy and Dana? Both grew on me a bit during the reunion. Really can't make up my mind on Brandy. She's rather funny in a "I want to punch you in the face" kind of way. And Dana, though terribly pretentious, a bit comical. Shit, I think I can become a fan of anyone who can be honest about themselves. I'm currently watching the RHOOC (orange county) season. CRAZY bitches. 'nuff said. More to come on this.

Photography: So many of you have asked where I'm at with my new DSLR. Well ladies, I hate to admit but I still have NOT watched the damn tutorial DVD. BUT and this is a big BUT, I have started reading a few web tutorials on the matter. One I found on Pinterest (Thanks Melissa!!) and it is rather informative. I'm learning all about aperture, ISO and shutter speed. Once I finish this, it's DVD time! Otherwise, I'm loving my new camera and have busted it out even more than I had hoped.

A little re-org: SO if you made it all the way to the end of the post here's a little picture of my latest re-organization project. I tackled that pain in the ass little wire shelf above my washer and dryer. Unfortunately I didn't do a before photo, but let me assure it was a mess of rags, cleaners and other random crap that I just couldn't reach.





A few things to note about this.
1)Yes, I label EVERYTHING. I love my label maker. Laugh away and I will label you something :)
2)Yes, I bought way too much starch. In fact, I almost never iron anything (much more likely to bust out the steamer) but shoot, when I see that shiny little coupon in my Costco packet, I just have to use it.
3)I use the hanging paper bag to collect lint from the dryer (saves me a step) AND it works super well if you are trying to get a fire going.
4)These little clear shoe boxes are just the right size for a shelf that isn't very big and that is rather high. I love that I can reach a box and pull it down and it won't be very heavy. It also helps me keep everything sorted well. Larger boxes make it harder to stay organized and can also get heavy pretty quickly.

Coming soon is a post on my new peg-board wall in my closet to hold all my jewelry! Yup, get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment