Thursday, February 16, 2012

Project 52: SEVEN

This week I'm grateful for a day at the Rodeo with my family of FOUR! Sounds a little silly eh? Well it's a long story but if you're here I'm guessing you want to hear it. We have a little tradition now of spending a day on the rodeo grounds every February. We like to bust out our boots, eat fair food, wander the petting zoo, see some pig races and watch Ella ride a pony. Last year, we had our little family of 3 and I was 7 weeks pregnant with Rhett. I couldn't have been happier. After spending a couple hours on the grounds, I started bleeding (A LOT). We were certain I was miscarrying. That would be the second one in 6 months and it was heartbreaking. Our mood went from bliss to devastation in less than a minute. We couldn't leave that place fast enough and it seemed like the car was miles away. I remember those big silent tears that I just couldn't hide. I have to say I was also PISSED. So damn sick of being in that first trimester with no baby to show for it. But several phone calls to the OB and one ER trip later, little Rhett showed up on ultrasound. I was shocked. I had resigned myself to accept that maybe Ella was it for us and we should be damn happy to have her. And then there he was. Just like that. And here we are- one year later with Ella on daddy's shoulders and mommy holding Rhett. Heaven.


5 comments:

  1. Rhett is such an angel baby and meant to be on this earth. Your family is beautiful and the perfect family of four! :) So happy for you two have two beautiful, healthy children!! Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amy this just made me cry!!!! I am so so happy for you two, such sweet perfect babies and a beautiful family. Ah, contented sigh. Also love to hear you counting your blessings-it reminds me to count mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post, very touching...so happy for your family of four!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's right...Everything has come full circle, amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this family of 4 to pieces!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a week, it won't come fast enough

    ReplyDelete