Monday, January 2, 2012

The Bachelor- PROPosition Exposition

Thanks for following me over to my new blog site. I've heard from lots of you today and I'm glad to know you are getting a little more joy in your day with this. BTW- several people have asked me about the new name "Side of the Table". Look back at my first posting "Lunch Date" for a short explanation. Now onto important things....


So HOLY SHIT, I'm 5 minutes into the new season and they've already f'ed me over! Anyone notice that little diddy Ben played on the piano?? That would be "This Year's Love" by David Gray...my wedding song! What a kill joy. Could they taint that moment any more for me? They might as well set that little skinny dipping scene to the track. Christ.

And for anyone who followed my blog last season, you know I can't stand Ben's hair. No, it's not that I hate long hair. Just his. WHAT IS WITH THE MIDDLE PART- it doesn't look good! I also feel like I can see bits that have a little clumping of hairspray or gel followed by an area of fly-aways. It's just not working and it's going to kill me this season. Johnny Dep- now that's some sexy long hair.

Though I'm not a fan of Ben F. I thought he seemed composed and somewhat more confident than I expected. The season preview was more than enticing to me and I'm wondering if his ass gets dumped again. Part of his interview with Chris Harrison seemed a little foreboding on the topic. We shall see.

I would say my least favorite part of the season is the introductions. I find the whole thing beyond awkward and every season it just gets worse. Not to set a double standard but watching these gals with the horrid pick up lines is infinitely worse than watching a bunch of douchebags do it. Not much need for me to bash on the props- the ladies seem to pick on each other quite nicely. Loved the "screw you and the horse you rode in on" line. Amber Bacon had a few clever comments about a hat and sash as well... too bad she isnt going to stick around this season. I believe I would have enjoyed her commentary and shit, who doesn't love bacon?

The Ladies: A recap of sorts (Here's the link to their bio page: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/bios)

- Jenna: Well I think I'm pretty much required to start with the nut job. Anyone else check out her blog? A little boring if you ask me but aptly named (Overanalyst). Great looking girl, but some serious issues. Why do they always keep the crazy??? I'm thinking she should have been named Michelle.

-Monica: Whaaaaat? Seriously confused here. Is she also from Salt Lake City?

-Shawn (green dress girl): Loved that you busted out the soccer ball but I was seriously worried about her boobs making their own appearance!

-Amber T: I think I could have liked her. Cute, love that she's a nurse (lots of those this season!), cool that she hunts but seriously lost me with the cow balls. Found it hilarious that she was scowling at him for sampling some candy after she wolfed down some fried testes. Really?

-Brittney: Hmmm....not sure how I feel about this ray of shunshine. Anyone else picking up on a Golden Girls theme with the sequin dress and grandma sidekick? Thought it was strange she used her granny as a prop and worse that granny herself had a prop (the crutches), but also kind of liked her. Could the other girls be any more of a bitch about the grandma? That was a little hard to watch. Pick on someone your own age.

-Rachel Rose: Anyone who says they don't like conflict definitely likes conflict. And that girl was aching for some drama. She should add a nice bit this season. Liked her red dress.

-Kacie- I like her.

-Courtney: What's a pretty girl like you, stirring up all this drama for *thick country accent*? ALso to my high school friends- doesn't Kate Sommers Dawes kind of look like her- gorgeous bone structure. Too bad she crazy.

-PhD girl (Emily??): Quirky, but in a good way. Loved her rap... reminds me of a certain sister I have :-)

-Ok cant remember her name but her occupation was "VIP cocktail waitress". Hmm... what does that mean exactly? I'm picturing Sugar Daddy's and a $20 bar bill.

Not sure if my maternity break has put me out of the loop with fashion but seriously, what was with all the short dresses with a long sheer overlay? Really wasn't feeling it. Also an unreasonable amount of bump-its on display tonight.

Not too crazy about Ben, but looking forward to the season. ABC never fails to deliver on drama. And I love me some northern California. Keep checking out the blog for a little before and after on our new front door and a little under the sink makeover this week.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I was so sad for you when they played "this year's love"; how could they!?!?

    Love love love that you are going to be blogging more - makes me feel a little more close to you and those precious kids, plus I guess it's a suitable substitute for our missed lunch dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a little of Kate in her. - Cassie

    ReplyDelete