Sunday, January 1, 2012

ReZolute

Well doesn't a rezolution seem a bit more fun when you put a 'Z' in there? I'm really not a resolution type girl. Hate the expectations and sudden motivation that seems destined for failure, but I suppose it's time to get on the band wagon and make some shit happen. Oddly, I've put quite a bit of time thinking this over the last month and find it to be good timing to put some plans in place. New year, baby is 3 months old and the weather has been rather perky. So here goes nothing. 1. Learn about this f'ing technology that is passing me up like crazy cakes. I seem to be well stocked in the electronic department (Ryan is an Apple freak), but I would say I merely "get by" with all this shit. I'm sitting here typing on our new iMac and I'm literally ready to toss this track pad (aka new mouse thing) out the window. Seems like such a waste to have this and not know what the fuck to do with any of it without asking my live in guru. 2. Basic photography. Yes, I'm that bad. I've been gifted in that I have always had friends who were like personal historians (i.e. Andi and Sang :). If ever I need a picture of something, I know I can count on their library to have what I need. But the time has come. I'm saddling up and reading a manual or blog or two on this. BTW- here's my first shot on our new DSLR (looks like it's gonna be a long road if Ella is already telling me "NO PHOTOS"!) ha!
3. Start a new blog. DONE! Ok just needed to have something to check off the list. 4. Monthly run to Central Market. What can I say? It's a happy place for me. Love the fresh produce, pre-made meals and all the tasty treats (or as my mom would say, "california fruits and nuts, hippy shit") they carry. It's a bit far from us but well worth the drive and it definitely freshens up the pantry. 5. In the words of Dr. Phil, time to "get real" on the weight. Well damn, it wouldn't be a new year without some kind of weight theme. This years particular weight goal is baby centered. All the baby weight is off, but the body ain't the same. Not sure it ever will be, but no use in all the extra sag. God I hate that word, sag. Doesn't it sound like fat cells avalanching down your stomach? saggy. eww. So personal goal is not about a number (yet....) but more of a call to action. Heading back to the gym now that baby Rhett is old enough, keeping up some regular jogs with my neighbor and merely recording what I'm eating throughout the day. Diet wise, I've made a pact with two neighbors to cut desserts totally for 3 weeks and not to eat foods if sugar is listed as one of the first four ingredients. Planning to see how 3 weeks feels and then reassessing. Who's with me? Power in numbers people. Ok, that's about all the enthusiasm I can stand on this topic. 6. Project 52. Anyone still reading this? I hope so, cause this is a good one to end on. My current favorite blog is styleberryblog.com. I almost hate to share it because this gal has the cutest ideas on her site that I want to keep just for me, BUT she has a HUGE following so really I can't hide her. Anyhow, one of her projects is called Project 52. To learn more on this, go here: http://communityrelations.deviantart.com/journal/Project-52-Photography-Challenge-229001702. I hope you will do this with me and share your pics!

5 comments:

  1. Um, LOVE this entry! And TOTALLY doing Project 52! That shiz is totally up my alley!! :) And I don't know if I can handle the diet with the whole preggers thing and all, but I'll certainly try! I can survive anything for just 3 weeks, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you say photography isn't your thing, oh well WRITING sure is, I started reading standing walking by the computer from the FB link and it turned into sitting on my stool with my coffee in hand ready for the next entry. I'm loving the new blog makes me feel so much closer to ya then those damn 5 hrs that stand between Tyler and SA. Alright now off to figure out what Project 52 is and this whole Pinterest craze is all about

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already love the blog! Keep the entries coming!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay so glad you are back and expanding topics beyond just the bachelor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read a blog before in my entire live until now.....and I am HOOKED! Keep it up, girlie!

    Ann Alderete

    ReplyDelete