Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year New Me

So how we coming with those pesky New Year resolutions? I'm hanging in there. I was really hating all this shit just last week but feel a little renewed this week. You know that two week depression you go through after you set a goal for yourself? I was thinking, why isn't weight just falling off and I still don't get this damn computer and don't even get me started on the camera DVD manual. BUT I've pushed through. I'm sticking with it my friends! And I hope you are too. I'm working out regularly (OUCH!!!!), still recording what I'm eating and shit, here I am working on this damn computer. The weight is INCHING off and I mean barely but God help me I'm not giving up! I did great those first two weeks cutting out desserts. I've slipped a little lately but not too far that I can't pull back and be real. I'm saddling back up and getting my goals in front me. Who's with me????

So here's my plan for this coming week. Continue with regular beating at the gym (seriously no one can prepare you for how much it sucks getting back into your workout routine after having a baby..#bodyisdestroyed#), keep on writing down what I'm taking in and patting myself on the back a bit more often for all the effort. I'm starting to really think about those Lululemon workout pants I want. Shit I'm already looking online just to scout them out. I think it's good idea to set up rewards along the way. Any of you doing this? If so, what are you using to keep you going? I'm also trying to make a few more friends in my gym classes. I think it really helps to know a few people and have a little social time before the ass kicking begins. Really motivates me to go, especially when I'd rather do anything other than a step class wearing a blank maternity tank top (my current go-to top for the gym... DON'T JUDGE!) surrounded by a group of size 2 mommies whose boobs NEVER move...so not fair! Also I figure if I befriend these skinny gals, maybe their fat immunity will spread to me.

I'm also really truly seriously going to start my camera manual DVD. Holy hell I have such a road block to this. I will do ANYTHING to not put it in and press play. Anyone have advice for this? I know I should just do it. In fact, maybe I should stop typing and go put it in. The thing is, I know if I turn on my tv I have this great new Oprah show just waiting for me.... mama O I just can't say no to you!

5 comments:

  1. OK Amy.... I must say I had no idea you now had your own blog! I love it!!!! You keep it up and the rest of us will be standing behind you every step of the way!!! We are lucky to have your crew as our neighbors and I love the laughs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - I've never watched the DVD that came with my camera and that was 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, if you really want to watch the DVD, then I'll make you watch it next time I come visit. ;) I've never watched my DVD. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's a good idea! Then you could translate it as we watch!

      Delete